Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

June 18, 2007 Notably Cooler

People were complaining about the heat today. I like it hot and today felt great when I got out of work. It was 89° near the lake, 91° a few miles south. I watched the temperature on the thermometer in my car. In the past I have noted how it gets cooler as soon as I get into my neighborhood. I believe the abundance of trees and the higher elevation are the reasons. Today was no exception. On U.S. 6 it was 91° according to the car thermometer. As soon as I turned off the main road I felt it cool, by the time I got to my driveway the thermometer read 86°. I find that amazing.

Given the condition of my toe I do not want to push it. My toe is remarkably better today but still hurts. I cut my lawn and leave my activity at that.

New flower activity this week. More Iris coming in. Numerous foam flowers. All beauty