Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

June 12, 2007, Close to Home

Last night I started to get a cramp in an inner thigh muscle. I must have hurt it a little because it hurts today too. That happens. I need to do a little work around the yard. Because my yard is anti neat and tidy I don’t do a lot of trimming. But in order to keep the walk clear and the fence exposed I occasionally have to get out the weed whacker. I am judicious in using it. Careful not to take out may wildflowers. Trying to just use it on grass.

Next I move to the back yard. The patio actually, needs to be swept clean. I should do this every week but I often go 4 times that long. Nearby one of the neighbors has a service that is using a blower. I have one of those, but I use a rake and a broom. It may take a little longer, but it is a lot less noisy and does not burn gasoline.

Once I am finished I eat dinner outside. Typical of a day like today I should have left my phone inside. Instead I end up talking rather than doing much looking around.

I do notice is the Canada Anemones are still beautiful. Yellow and purple Iris are still blooming, as are the Cranesbills. Wild Geranium predominate in one section and Newcomb’s 542, with yellow flowers, Moneywort, creeps along the edges of the grass. The Juncos sing as I eat and the Wood Thrush calls from across the creek. It is a beautiful day and I am so thankful to be able to enjoy this place.