Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

May 3, 2007

Another beauty spring day. I feel as if I am repeating myself. No time today. Appointment after work and then other obligations do not allow me enough time to do anything other than walk around the yard.

The Daffodils are beautiful. There are so many different varieties. I think the varieties are due to hybridization. There must be at least 10 different types.

The Bluebirds are nesting iin the hole in the siding. At least for now. That is where they hang out. The Bluebird boxes are empty. I will have to watch for a Wren going into one of the boxes. The location the Bluebirds have chosen is between two boxes. If a House Wren chooses one of the boxes it will be trouble because the Bluebirds will be too close to the House Wren and the wren will not tolerate them. This means I will have to make two of the other boxes unusable . I would like to see a Chickadees in one but that may not happen now.