Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

May 10, 2007

Another beauty day. What a string and what a lovely spring after the cold snap ended. Some days there is just too much to do and today is one of them. I wish I could hike but only had time to walk around the yard.

Mr. Piliated clucked at me as I walked around the back yard picking daffodils. He watched me for a while then went back to working on the maple. The ferns are large and almost fully extended from their coils. The lilacs are in full bloom. Bees are all over the flowers and their buzzing is the overwhelming sound as I take a cutting.

The feeders are getting a steady business. Especially male juncos and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks. Such a beautiful day. So lush and green. The leaves are out to the point where I can no longer see far into the woods. This has just happened today. The leaves sill have their yellow freshness. They are not the darker green of summer.