Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

May 24, 2007, Warm and Quiet.

The day is wonderfully warm. In the woods it is quiet. The back yard has limited bird activity. The Juncos, Bluebirds, Goldfinches, sing quietly. The warm weather means there are insects. Finally! The birds are out foraging. Just a few visit the feeders.

My Thursday schedule, precludes much time outside. Around the yard the flowers are in between. Many past their peak and others coming up. Looking around I find some very beautiful and unusual ones. The diversity is astounding. I need an expert to tell me how many are native.

We are in a dry spell, but it is not yet showing on the plants. Everything is very lush. There is still a lot of water in the soil. The seeps are not yet dry and neither is the dirt below the surface. Their is rain likely over the next few days. I hope it is just enough. Not too much. Not so much that it keeps me indoors.