Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

May 22, 2007 Splitting Hostas

The day is so beauty and warm. But it is as if my house has conspired against me, because I have to do some plumbing work. A pipe behind a wall has sprung a leak and needs to be fixed.

My friends Carol and Dave came over because I have offered them some of my hostas. If wealth were measured in hostas I would be very comfortable. Carol and Dave dig and split some of my numerous varieties, as I complete the replacement of my leaky pipe. Thankfully my craft is adequate and none of the copper leaks. Together we go for a quick hike. They enjoy the view from the lookout, and the singing of the Blue-headed Vireo, and Wood Thrush. Visibility is 15 miles or so with detail. 25 miles absolute . The sun is bright but there is again a high overcast. Another "cloudy" day in NE Ohio.