Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

April 20, 2007

Beauty again. Sunny clear high 60s. No sign of the Phoebe returning. I hope the ones already here during the cold snap did not all die. Only time will tell. It will be interesting to see if I find Phoebes anywhere over the next week. The Juncos are all over the place. They diminished a bit in the cold, but now they are again the predominant species in the yard. A walk kicks up flashing white outer tail feathers everywhere.

The Raccoon has been getting into the front feeder. It is wired shut, but It is almost empty and the signs of the Raccoon are obvious. One of my solar powered walk lights broken, the feeder spun around and the lid nearly bent. I can see it is possible for it to get a hand and arm into the gap to scoop out seed. I refilled the feeder but wired it tighter and added a C-clamp, grease under the lid completes the discouragement.

I wanted to walk but I ran out of gas today. After eating dinner I felt better, more energetic, but I had started on things around the house. Tomorrow I’ll spend most of the day outside. I have been itching for this weather and need to take advantage of it.