Downtown Cleveland from the Summit of Gildersleeve Mountain

Hi To Weekend America Listeners

Hello to everyone who heard me on Weekend America.

My posts have been rather sparse lately. As spring progresses I will have more words and pictures, so please check back. Also feel free to browse previous posts. They are timeless in nature.

Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers have been moving this past week. I had 2 on Gildersleeve Mountain Wednesday and 3 on my walk at the Arboretum Sunday. Wildflowers have just begun coming out. Daffodils and crocuses The maples are red with buds and flowers.

Last year the Phoebes above 900 ft MSL were all killed by the April 8th snow. I was worried we would not see them on the higher elevations for some time. But last week there was a pair in my back yard. What a joy.